Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Electricfly - aka NOGAS96V

Welcome to the Blog of my own Electric Vehicle renovation experience!

It is an on going project currently - refining, correcting, and upgrading the items on the electric car. It is my rolling classroom, my test lab, and my sample EV!

There is more info on my other web site at http://www.myelectricfly.com/ but I will use this space to do my regular updates now.

You can also view some of the specs of the car at http://www.evalbum.com/1219.

I have added my first mounted solar panel to the car, using it to maintain and keep up the charge on my accessory battery, and although it is just a tiny panel - it almost eleimanates the need to charge the accessory battery at pack charge time: it shows 100% charged in less than 5 minutes when I set up my charger.

My energy on recharge, monitored by an energy monitor, says I use about 200 to 275 Watt Hours per Kilometer (Km) - without excelent battery management. I will be upgrading my controls for the batteries - adding equalizers - and testing to see the difference with them.

No comments: