Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Electricfly goes Back to the Future!

While at work today, I spoke to our Director of Facilities and mentioned - "We have wheelchair parking spots, and car pool parking spots, so when can we get a couple of Electric Car Parkings Spots with a plug?"

Having had a similar conversation a couple of years ago in a different setting, and getting an unenthusiastic or unsupportive response then, I was surprised when he told me he wants to promote Electric Cars!

So - to scout out a possible parking spot of preference - I drove electricfly to work, late this afternoon, got some things arranged with Security and some tips and instructions, and drove back home. I had walked to work today - so I needed to grab the car and go back to take care of a few things to begin the process.

So - now it is back on the charger after the trip, and I noticed while driving it there - the 'weakest link' batteries - were #3, and #8. However - When recharging - I still nticed - the Accessory Battery had gone down to just 10% SOC, and the Battery # 4 was at 40% SOC! The Rest were at 70 - 80% SOC. So - Until I get the New Lithiums from EV Components - I might need to pick up 2-3 new Trojan SCS150 Batteries to tide me over.

I will save the further details until there is some meat that goes with these new bones, but for now - stay Tuned for EV Parking!

No comments: